CE: 22 Hours – Lecture and Hands – on scanning
- A review of clinical cardiology with emphasis on; the indications and interpretation of the physical examination, ECGs and thoracic radiographs and the diagnosis, staging and treatment of common acquired heart disease in the dog and cat
- Review of the common echocardiographic 2D imaging planes, M-modes and measurements (2D and M-mode)
- Echocardiographic image optimization (knobology)
- Two dimensional and M-mode echocardiographic features of common acquired cardiac diseases in the dog and cat
- Hands on cardiac scanning instruction:
- Right sided imaging planes
- M-mode images
- Objective measurement of 2D and M-mode images
- An introduction to left sided imaging planes
- Case studies will be utilized to strengthen and consolidate the information presented in this course, gain experience with echocardiographic report generation and to facilitate related treatment discussions
- Taught by June Boon, BA, MS and Matthew W. Miller, DVM, MS, DACVIM Cardiology
Who should attend?
This course is for veterinarians and technicians who have attended the, Basic Echocardiography: Echo Made Easy course, or have had equivalent clinical experience.
Note: this course is strongly recommended as a pre-requisite for Advanced Echocardiography and Doppler in Acquired Heart Disease: Part 1, Advanced Doppler: Part 2 and Congenital Heart Disease: Part 3.
$2,925 Standard Pricing
$2,460 Sound Loyalty Pricing