CE: 11 Hours – Lecture only
- Become familiar with the following aspects of common congenital heart defects in the dog and cat:
- Breed predilections
- Clinical signs and physical examination findings
- Contrast studies (bubble studies)
- Become familiar with the role of contrast studies in the identification of shunting defects
- Learn how to perform a contrast study
- Become familiar with therapeutic and procedural options
- Two dimensional and M-mode features
- Color flow Doppler features
- Spectral Doppler features
- Emphasis on understanding how 2D, M-mode, color and spectral Doppler echocardiography can help assess the severity and hemodynamic significance of congenital heart defects
- Computer based case studies will be utilized to strengthen and consolidate the information presented in this course, gain experience with echocardiographic report generation, and to facilitate related treatment discussions.
- Taught by June Boon, BA, MS and Sonya Gordon, DVM, MS, DACVIM Cardiology
Who should attend?
This course is for veterinarians and technicians who have completed Echocardiography Diagnostics and Clinical Utility, Advanced Echocardiography and Doppler in Acquired Heart Disease: Part 1 or equivalent clinical experience.
$1,890 Standard Pricing
$1,640 Sound Loyalty Pricing